Friday 23 November 2012

Why Am I Killing Myself?

I am a big junk food addict. I love outside, fried, sweet,sour food! I am usually willing to try new things. Well of course if its  halal and all.

I have recently had a new prospective of healthy living. My brother who eats so much junk food, but is forever working out and playing sports claims what he is doing is okay. He says "It doesn't matter because I work it off later" I cringe because this is not the point I was trying to make. Its the fact you are taking unhealthy food and forcing yourself to produce energy from it and all that other good stuff your body need.

I started to really think about the human body in a whole different way.

Imagine you have this body to take care of. Sort of like a pet you love and care for. Your respoinsiblity at the moment is to let this 'pet' live longest and healthiest life it can. So what do you do? You feed it the most healthiest food and things it needs to continue its day. So you look at your healthy eating guide where it has all the food groups, but there is one problem. Your 'pet' desires all these  unhealthy food. It doesn't want to eat your healthy food. So it starts eating things like Oreo cookies which does have an ounce of anything beneficial. Its as if you are eating a chocolate cover pencil. Taste good but, is useless for you body. Your body needs certain vitamins and other nutrients from food. So you continue feeding this 'pet' junk.
 Inside its body, it pumping in and out filth. Trying to form energy by every little thing it can get. Over time you notice your pet's skin is dull, it is more tired/lazier, they are not thinking to the best to it's ability. Guess what, you are killing your pet, or should I say you are killing yourself.

With that being said the body always desires what is not good for them. If there was a donuts vs apples, most people would take the donuts even though the apples are more benefical.

What I need to work on it not  giving in to my desires. Promote healthier living. I always knew this information, but just never cared. I want to feel more alive, less tired and energetic. I want my brain to work at it best capacity. Exercising is also something I will try to work on. My older brother has insanity so I am going to try that.

Wish me luck guys.

1 comment:

  1. omg! I stopped eating junkfood for the most part. But Somali cooking is SO UNHEALTHY! All I survive on is fruits, vegtables and water, I think you'll notice my weight loss the next time I see you. Yeah, your famous for that workout line *Ayans voice* "Your body needs healthy food to provide good fuel, not bad food." I've been excersizing and I reallyy wisssshhhhh fittness one didnt shut down for christs sake. After learning about every damn muscle in the body I have this renewed passion for working out. Oh well, wall squats are what I'm stuck with for now :P

    ReplyDelete